Please note that Ollie does have some special medical needs and behaviour issues. Anyone interested in adopting him should read his bio carefully and in its entirety:
Ollie is an English Bulldog. He is approximately 3 years old and on the smaller size (approximately 40lbs). He has been neutered and is up to date on his shots. Ollie is great with other dogs and gets along well with cats that are dog-savvy. He is a playful, happy-go-lucky boy who loves running around and frolicking outside. His favourite pastime is to collect the largest sticks and branches he can find and chewing on them.
Ollie is a cuddly boy but he definitely prefers to snuggle on his own terms and does not like people being in his face. Ollie DOES NOT do well with young children. We are searching for an adopter WITHOUT KIDS or with children over 13 years of age who will be respectful of Ollie’s needs and space. Please note that Ollie does have some behavioural issues which we have begun working on. Any potential adopter should be prepared to continue working on these issues under the initial guidance of BBR. An adopter who has previous experience with behavioural issues, or someone willing to learn will be given preference.
SPECIAL NEEDS: Ollie suffers from hyperthyroidism and is on medication to keep his levels in check. Ollie also suffers from a chronic condition called “dry eye” which requires two sets of eye drops twice daily for the rest of his life. The adopter should be comfortable administering eye drops and be prepared to spend $20-30/month during Ollie’s lifetime to treat these chronic conditions.
Please read all info below BEFORE INQUIRING:
1. Benevolent Bully Rescue is a foster based rescue, not a physical shelter. Our foster homes are in various parts of Southern Ontario.
2. Meetings take place after adoption applications are processed and only for selected applicants. No exceptions.
3. Our standard adoption fee is $500. There are no negotiations on adoption fees. Our adoption fees are used towards vet bills, food, and all other costs incurred while dogs are in foster care.
4. We DO NOT adopt outside of the Province of Ontario
5. If you would like to apply to adopt, the link to our adoption application is www.benevolentbullyrescue.com/